Medicare and Senior Insurance
Medicare beneficiaries can generally get their health coverage in two ways: through Original Medicare or through a private Medicare Advantage plan.
Original Medicare comes in two parts:
- Medicare Part A (hospital insurance): This covers inpatient hospital, skilled nursing facility, hospice and home health care.
- Medicare Part B (medical insurance): This covers outpatient medical care, including )but not limited to) doctor visits, durable medical equipment, lab tests and preventive services.
Certain types of Medicare coverage are only available through private insurance companies.
- Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage): Medicare Advantage plans provide Original Medicare benefits through private insurance companies. There are many types of Medicare Advantage plans, such as Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans and Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans. In addition to what’s covered under Original Medicare. some plans offer other benefits, such as routine dental and vision, health wellness programs and prescription drug coverage.
- Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage): Original Medicare doesn’t include prescription drug benefits, except in certain situations. You can sign up for prescription drug coverage through a separate Medicare prescription drug plan, or through a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plan.
- Medicare Supplement helps pay for out-of-pocket costs not covered by Medicare, such as copayments, coinsurance, deductibles and manages health coverage. These plans can be purchases to supplement Medicare parts A and B. Medicare Supplement cannot be used with Part C.
If you’re enrolled in, or will soon be eligible for Medicare, and considering which one of the Medicare plans would be good for you, we can help you evaluate all options. We are happy to walk you through your options by phone or email you information; you can contact us using the links below. Also, please feel free to phone our office to schedule a meeting.
Laura joined Stahler & Associates in 2009. She is a graduate of the University of Tennessee with a bachelor’s degree in Finance. She brings 15 years of sales experience with her.
Laura specializes in Medicare Advantage and Supplement plans. Laura knows that Medicare can be extremely confusing, and the amount of mail that seniors receive can be overwhelming. Laura has studied extensively and has become a trusted advisor to help you find the right Medicare options to best suit your health and budget needs.
Customers often tell Laura that her strength is explaining Medicare choices in simple language. Laura will take the time to sit with you and clearly explain all of your choices.
Open enrollment begins October 15 and ends December 7th. All Medicare members can make changes during this period, so please call Laura at 563-326-6423.
She will help you find the right Medicare plan.